Mind Matters – Addiction Treatment Medications: The Science & Personal Stories
Jan 18, 2024
- In this live Zoom webinar, participants will learn about the various medications for treating substance use disorders and their role in a successful recovery program.
- Hear Rebecca’s story, delving into her journey with two addiction treatment medications, and the challenges and triumphs of her recovery process.
- Resources for guidance and support will be shared.
- This event runs from 7:00 – 8:00 P.M.
- George Cameron Coleman, Jr., M.D.
- Clinical Assistant Professor
- Practicing Physician with U-M Addiction Treatment Services
- Coordinator, Recovery Opioid Response Team, Home of New Vision
- Person in Recovery
- Rebecca is a person in long-term recovery from substance use disorder who utilized medication assisted recovery with the assistance of her University of Michigan Addiction Treatment Services doctor. Rebecca is currently working on her bachelor’s degree in social work, and works for Home of New Vision(link is external) as the coordinator of the Recovery Opioid Overdose Team. Rebecca believes she would not be where she is today without the support of her loved ones and community; which includes the doctors and other professionals that were a part of her journey. Please tune in on January 18th to hear Rebecca’s incredible story of recovery.