2023 Fall Take Back Event
It’s that time again! The next DEA Take Back Day is happening on Saturday, October 28th, 2023. Anyone is welcome to host an event. OPEN can provide financial support for law enforcement at your event, provide disposal materials, and advertise your event on the OPEN website.
- To share your plans for hosting a TBE site with OPEN, submit this form here.
- If you are hosting a TBE, make sure your law enforcement partner has notified the DEA by contacting Carrie Ryckman at 313-690-3599 or Detroit.Take.Back@dea.gov.
For Fall 2023, we are offering the following resources free of charge:
- Medication disposal boxes
- Deterra deactivation pouches
- Medication mail-in envelopes
- Locking pill bottles
- Pediatric pain management brochures
- Disposal education brochures
- Sharps containers
If you are interested in any (or all) of these items, please complete this form before September 15th so these items can be ordered and delivered before the event.
Our Take Back Event Guide provides step-by-step info on planning a TBE. Our Google Folder provides marketing templates that you’re welcome to edit and use. After the event, we will reach out to ask how many pounds of medications you collected and if you have any additional feedback to report.