New Highs: Understanding Cannabis Use in Today’s Youth and Young Adults
As cannabis becomes legal in more places and increasingly available, adolescent use is on the rise. It is imperative that providers understand the current landscape and types of cannabis products. Providers should know the short and long-term effects of cannabis use in adolescents and how to engage with the emerging adult patient population to reduce harms of use.
- Examine the most recent data on rates of cannabis use among youth
- Describe the different types of cannabis products
- Define the different potencies that are of concern in today’s landscape
- Erin Bonar, PhD – Professor, Department of Psychiatry/University of Michigan Addiction Center
1 CE Credit Available (1.0 hour):
- MCBAP available
- Social Work CEU available
- CME credit pending
- Meets DEA Training Requirements
Who should take this training:
- Healthcare Providers
- Social Workers
- Peer Support
- Mental Health Professionals
- Law Enforcement
Accreditation and Credit Designation
Michigan Medicine is an approved provider with the Michigan Social Work Continuing Education Collaborative. Approved Provider Number: MICEC 0056. Approved for 1.0 CE clock hour.
MCBAP approved for 1.0 credit.