Take Back Event – Spring 2023
Take Back Event
Apr 22, 2023
The DEA has announced the national fall medication take back event will be Saturday, April 22nd, 2023.
Did you know? OPEN will support sites in Michigan interested in hosting a take back event! Click here to learn more about hosting take back events and how OPEN can help. Already planning to host an event? Complete this form by 3/1 to let OPEN know about your event!
Dozens of our sites, including hospitals, nonprofits, and regular community members (like you!) hosted successful spring events in the fall. Please consider hosting and bringing an event to your community this spring.
OPEN Spring 2023 Take Back Event Kick-Off Call
OPEN hosted a Kick-Off Call on February 21st. The recording can be found here:
- 2/21/2023: Take Back Partners Kick Off Call at 2:00pm EST
- 3/1/2023: Deadline to submit partnership information to OPEN and order disposal boxes
- 4/22/2023: National Take Back Day, 10am-2pm
- 5/31/2023: Deadline to submit information to OPEN for reimbursement and data reporting
|Wayne||Dearborn||"CHRC (Community Health and Research Center)|
6450 Maple St
Dearborn, MI 48126"
|**Take Back Event will be hosted on Friday, May 5th from 10am to 2pm|
|Mason||Ludington||"West Michigan Fairgrounds|
Ludington, MI 49431"
|Muskegon||Norton Shores||"Norton Shores Fire Department|
1100 E Pontaluna Rd
Norton Shores, MI 49444"
|Mackinac||Cedarville||"Cedarville Fire Hall|
W Weston Ave
Cedarville, MI 49719"
|Delta County||Escanaba||"OSF St. Francis Hospital|
3401 Ludington St
Escanaba, MI 49829"
|Alger||Munising||"Alger County Communities that Care|
413 Maple Street, Suite 7
Munising, MI 49862"
|Oakland||Novi||"Detroit Catholic Central|
27225 Wixom Road
Novi, MI 48374"
|Wayne||Detroit||"Hartford Memorial Baptist Church|
18700 James Couzens Hwy
Detroit, MI 48235"
|Kent||Grand Rapids||"Kent County Health Department |
700 Fuller Ave. NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503"
|Kent||Grand Rapids||"Spectrum Health Medical Group|
North side of the building
80 68th St.
Grand Rapids, MI 49548"
|Kent||Grand Rapids||"Priority Health Campus|
3111 Leonard St. NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525"
Check back as more Take Back Event locations are confirmed.
- OPEN Take Back Event Guide
- OPEN Partnership Information Form (due 3/1/23)
- Kick-Off Call Agenda
- Shared Folder with Event Planning Resources
- OPEN Post-Event Form (due 5/31/23)
- DEA National Prescription Drug Take Back Day Website