Obstetrics and Gynecology
Initiatives:Acute Care Pain Management
Opioid Prescribing Recommendations
Public Health Policy
Safe Storage and Disposal
SUD Care Coordination
Learn more about how to successfully manage your pain after surgery using over-the-counter (OTC) medications like acetaminophen (Tylenol) and ibuprofen (Motrin), non-medication options and using opioids if prescribed by your surgeon.
Ask questions and know the facts before using opioids for your pain.
- What is an opioid?
- Understanding the risks of using opioids
- Understanding pain after a dental procedure
- Using opioids safely
- Safe storage & disposal of opioids
- Discussing pain management with your dentist
- Understanding acute dental pain
- Instructions for use of over-the-counter-pain medications
- Non-drug options for pain management
This poster, placed in your waiting or exam rooms, helps patients understand the requirements and limitations, mandated by Michigan law, when writing for prescription opioids.
Only available for organizations in Michigan
Learn two non-medication strategies for managing pain and anxiety:
- Mindful breathing
- Positive daily reflection