Unsure of the best way to dispose of your needles, lancets, or liquid opioids? Check out our handy stock-card with tips and resources.
Recent studies have shown that surgical pain can be managed using non-opioid, over-the-counter pain medications (acetaminophen and ibuprofen). This three-page guide can be provided to patients to help understand how to manage post-operative pain.
This poster, when placed in exam rooms, will facilitate discussion on the safe disposal of unused opioids. Additionally, two QR codes link to OPEN’s patient education brochure and map of permanent disposal locations.
Ask questions and know the facts before using opioids for your pain.
- What is an opioid?
- Understanding the risks of using opioids
- Understanding pain after a dental procedure
- Using opioids safely
- Safe storage & disposal of opioids
- Discussing pain management with your dentist
- Understanding acute dental pain
- Instructions for use of over-the-counter-pain medications
- Non-drug options for pain management
Learn how to safely store and dispose of opioids.