Links to Other Helpful Websites
- A site from the National Institute on Drug Abuse containing information on how opioids specifically affect teenagers.
- Detailed information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention about opioids and their risks.
- A page from the Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock on how to talk to your child about surgery.
- Three- to five-minute videos from the Pediatric Trauma Group at C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital on medication safety and non-medication options for pain management in five- to eight-year-olds and eight- to 12-year-olds.
- A document created by Michigan Medicine Child Life providing greater detail on non-medication strategies.
- A one-page flyer created by the Pediatric Trauma Group at C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital focused on non-medication options for teens.
Medication Tracking Log
This log will help you keep track of which medication you’ve given your child, including the time they’ve received it and the dose.
Non-Pharmacological Pain Management
Learn how to manage or reduce your child’s pain and anxiety without using medication.
- Distraction techniques
- Mindful breathing
- Memory bank exercise