Links to Other Helpful Websites
- A site from the National Institute on Drug Abuse containing information on how opioids specifically affect teenagers.
- Detailed information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention about opioids and their risks.
- A page from the Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock on how to talk to your child about surgery.
- Three- to five-minute videos from the Pediatric Trauma Group at C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital on medication safety and non-medication options for pain management in five- to eight-year-olds and eight- to 12-year-olds.
- A document created by Michigan Medicine Child Life providing greater detail on non-medication strategies.
- A one-page flyer created by the Pediatric Trauma Group at C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital focused on non-medication options for teens.
Medication Tracking Log
This log will help you keep track of which medication you’ve given your child, including the time they’ve received it and the dose.